Old October 25th 05, 12:30 AM
David

Default what size antenna?

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 22:45:24 GMT, "-=jd=-"
wrote:

On Mon 24 Oct 2005 05:15:56p, "clu" wrote in message
oups.com:

Those antennas seem to be for house-mounting desktop radios. I am
interested in one of those hand-sized portable radio. It would be
difficult to walk around with the hand scanner if there is an umbrella
like contraption attached to it.

You may want a couple black ''clip leads'' (those wires with alligator
clips on the end). My walkaround radio (Sangean ATS-606A) is
adequately sensitive with its built-in whip antenna. In a hotel room,
I might use the alligator clips to double the antenna length. Too
much antenna and you'll force the RF circuits off the linear portions
of their curves.