Old October 25th 05, 05:08 AM
wendy

Default 20meter propagation question...

hi jim,

you should be able to copy wwv at 14.000 mhz anytime,

what type of antenna are you using (dipole, long wire)
tuner also ? How high is your antenna ?

73 wendy

J Shrum wrote:

Greetings. I've only been a ham for a couple years. Not really done anything
w/ it however. Just homebrewed a thing or two, but never made any QSO's. I
just acquired a 5w 20m rig (all my budget could allow).
Can someone give me any tips on how to know when 20m is open? What time of
year or time of day is typically good for 20?
I tried looking over some MUF charts... but its greek to me at this point.
I've tried googling, but unless I know exactly how to phrase my search, I'm
coming up empty...

Any pointers would be great.
Thanks
Jim