Old October 26th 05, 12:48 AM
Chuck Harris

Default I was way way stoopid - need to unepoxy sumpin

Hi Bob,

There really isn't any reason to be nervous about NOS electrolytics,
they are either reformable, or dried out. The shelf life on *any*
electrolytic is only about 2 years, so you should reform any electrolytic
that has been stored longer than that.

If all the epoxy is doing, on this rebuild, is holding the can to
that ring, your dremel tool should do an adequate job of carving
away the excess epoxy.

Good deal or not, your little snap in capacitors didn't do the trick
this time, and you get to do the job again. I hate it when that
happens, but sometimes it does.

-Chuck

wrote:
Chuck,

I was replacing the steel ring on the top with the tabs. The tabs are
what gets soldered into the steel chassis.

I am a little bit nervous about buying nos caps. And prices for some
of those damn multi-section caps are up in the twenty-thirty dollar
price range. Besides I get a very good deal on the little snap-in
capacitors that I plunk inside.

regards,
Bob