Old October 27th 05, 03:24 AM
Roger

Default Morse code learning software

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 13:18:22 -0700, Spooge Geeko
wrote:

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:26:00 +0200, "Sigurd Stenersen"
wrote:

Kurt wrote:
Sheesh, I gotta work harder. Can send well but receiving is a whole
'nother ballgame. Fired up JLMC last night and gave it a serious go
and it is indeed going to take 30 minutes a night for sometime to get
me up to speed. I was a bit saddened but felt better when I reminded
myself I haven't put myself on a timeframe and still need to study
the Tech and General Manuals. Passed an OnLine tech exam, but I
would like to get a higher score.

What speed setting are you using ?

I think it may be harder learning at below 12 WPM than above. But I suppose
that's bad news if you're aiming for a 5WPM test...

73 de LB3KB, Sigurd
http://justlearnmorsecode.com

try chars at 8wpm with spacing at 16

You sure that isn't the character at 16 with the spacing set to give 8
WPM?

If the character and spacing are not the same it just doesn't sound
right. It was easier for me to learn with the proper spacing for the
speed.

Now days I can copy 5, but it's work. At 20 I hear word sounds which
is easy, but I'd be lost trying to copy 8 with a spacing for 16, or
the characters sent at 16 with the spacing set to give 8WPM.

Every one is different.

It gives a better sense of the "flow and rhythm" so its easier to

For me it breaks the flow and rhythm, but OTOH you are learning the
character sounds .

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
increase speed.