Old October 28th 05, 08:49 AM
guitfiddlejunki

Default my imax is laying in the garage corner to corner - no skip rolling in!

I didn't see your previous posts sooner or I would have replied as I
had the same situation a few years back with a condo association. No
antennas of any kind. It is easier to ask forgiveness than permission. I was
able to erect a concrete in a bucket setup with a hidden ground rod in the
back hedge that remained attached to the base of a metal piece of mast that
put the base of the antenna just over the roofline. I just leaned it up
against the house at night and left the bottom section attached to the pole
and made sure to lay it down in daylight. It's Crude but it works. The
antenna I used was the old A99 as it was a LOT easier to handle than a
I2000.
I have heard of people using these antennas horizontally, yet I could
never get a decent SWR match in an attic location. Please let us know if you
try this and succeed.
That old setup worked well for about a year. The drawback is backyard
stealth commando radio which sucks.
Good Luck!

"Chad Wahls" wrote in message
ups.com...
Bummer.... I feel for you. It's a great antenna. Where in the Midwest?