Old October 28th 05, 03:49 AM

Default Antenna Talk

I am interested in homebrewing an antenna for up in my attic. I don't
know how effective antenna in attic will work. I would like to hear if
anybody else has stuck antennas in attic.

So I'm soliciting ideas for antennas. Attic is reasonably good size. I
think about 60' x 30' and about 12' high at the center. Coax coming
down to shack is 70ohm.

Not sure what bands I would like to cover just yet. I have some kinda
discone at work that the EMI guy uses for radiated emission tests that
looks interesting. Maybe somthing that would work well on the VHF
bands on my Drake. Lots of police action on the 40mc band too. Other
alternative I could feed DC up the coax and pick from two homebrews.

I presently have a 75m dipole, a 160m dipole, a 5btv verticle, a 2m
ringo on the roof, and a homebrew 2m ant in the attic that I used
previous to installing the ringo. I've been temporarily using the 2m
attic unit for vhf on the Drake.

Ideas please!

73
Bob