Old October 29th 05, 02:41 AM
GeorgeF

Default Procedure for reporting Interference from electronic devices?

Been getting a strong datasignal (about 3KHz wide) on 144.277 MHz. I've
been able to locate the house from which the signal is coming from,
located about 700' from my home.

The people living in that home are not hams, I'm assuming its a spur,
birdie or some type of sig being generated by a router, computer or
something like that.

Two reasons this worries me:

1) 144.277 MHz is the freq of a new 2 meter propagation beacon located
60 miles south of me, this local interference makes sig-strength
measurements of the beacon difficult.

2) I want to nip-this-in-the-bud before some interfering sig starts to
show up on 144.200 MHz (SSB Calling freq) as 2 meter SSB is very active
around here....

What 'channels' must I go through to have this problem looked into? FCC?
ARRL? Knocking on the peoples door will probably be meet with
resistance as this is the type of neighborhood where most of the
neighbors are pretty well 'stuckup' and NO one, repeat No ONE speaks to
their neighbors (so called high class thing I think).....

George - KI4FIA - Near Daytona Beach, FL