Old October 29th 05, 12:23 AM
Joe Analssandrini

Default GE "SuperRadio". Which One Was/Is The Best?

Dear Mr. Clam,

I own several copies of all three versions of the GE Superadio (though
I can't seem to find the original ones which are in my basement,
destined probably never to see the light of day again). Probably the
best performer (by a miniscule amount) is the Superadio II though it
has the worst build-quality of the three, at least with regard to my
samples.

You can buy a new Superadio III from Amazon for about $40.00 or so, and
from other sources, certainly for no more than $60.00. When used with a
suitable antenna, such as the C. Crane Twin-Coil Antenna or a random
long-wire, you will get sparkling performance and excellent sound
quality.

It's a pity that this set does not incorporate a synchronous detection
circuit which would really add to reception quality. But that, in
addition to poor dial accuracy, no dial light, and mediocre
build-quality, are its only faults and, at its price, they can be
"forgiven."

Best,

Joe

P.S. Don't be tempted by the CCRadio which was touted as "superior" to
the GE Superadio. It ain't !!!