Old October 29th 05, 05:11 PM

Default FT-530 mod / version help

Just got my FT-530 (switching over from a VX-5R, where I've been
experiencing EXTREMELY bad UHF intermod; hoping the FT-530 will be an
improvement). My problem is that the jumper pad configuration on my
radio doesn't quite match the layout of any of the configurations I've
seen illustrated in any of the online mod instructions. So I'm a
little nervous about unsoldering what appears to be pad 13 given the
possibility this is some very early or late revision of the radio that
the extended tx/rx mod doesn't apply to. My radio's serial # is
3H250297 if anyone can help me ID year/revision by that.
Thanks,
Ethan