Old October 29th 05, 10:09 PM
Mr Fed UP

Default Shipping: UPS Ground vs. FedEx Ground EEOO other weasel words etc,..,

Ok. I see now. But still not a comforting thing to see hang on a
company title. At least for me. Looks like they are making a
hedge on legal proceedings before they even do business. LOL

Maybe goes along with never reaching a real person on the phone. :-)

Thanks for raking some of the muck off the new business jargon.
I can feel a little less exposed now.

"Bill" wrote in message
Mr Fed UP wrote:
Other weasel words I have seen on many company names these days.
Are LLC instead of INC or CO .... I found it to be the acronym for
Limited Liability Company. Anyone know what this means for them
to weasel out of being liable? Seems like most companies are going
to similar labels. I don't want to be liable for nothing either, but
Sheezzzz!!! Do we all expect to get shafted from every place we
do business now? Any enlightenment appreciated.
Any lawyers out there? Can they really do business and not be
responsible for the services and products they sell?

You're confusing liability for damages with liability between partners of
a corporation. Same word, different context.

Here's a brief explanation taken from the web.

Liability Issues of a Limited Liability Company

In a limited liability company, a member's legal liability is limited to
his or her investment in the business. Generally, a member's personal
assets are not at risk, but a member's personal assets may be at risk if
any of the following occurs:

*
A member personally guarantees a business debt.
*
The form of business is found to be a sham (not properly formed or
maintained).
*
A member becomes personally liable as a result of his or her own
acts or conduct.

-Bill