Old October 30th 05, 02:44 AM
Jatin

Default Ham radio kits

xpyttl wrote:
Jatin

There are all sorts of kit vendors out there. www.qrqrci.org has quite an
extensive list. But I would agree with Lector, if the price of the Elecraft
doesn't scare you off, it is a really great radio ... any one of them.

Is there a typo in the url that you mentioned? I couldn't connect to it.

Notice that they are really for different users. The KX1 is designed to be
"trail-friendly". By that they mean not only small and light, but
convenient if you are sitting on a log. The K1 is a nice portable rig, and
with the internal tuner and batteries, it is a great hotel-room or picnic
table rig. The K2 is more of a base rig, although lots and lots of folks
use them portable. To many people, the K2 is the "ultimate" rig.

I am considering Elecraft, hopefully that would be a Christmas gift

Jatin