Old October 30th 05, 12:59 AM
Scott

Default which old scanners receive cellular

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 14:59:33 -0700, krackula wrote:

why bother ? the FCC has ended the requirement to maintain analog
cellular services by 2007. analog conversations in most large metro
areas are already mostly dead, with the remaining services generally
found in remote areas poorly served by digital services.

don't spend a lot for your analog cellular scanner ( pro-43 or similar
for example ) as it will soon become nearly worthless.

I understand what you mean, but to be honest I doubt that my county
will ever bother going digital. If so it'll be 15 years after everyone
else does. They stay behind on everything.