Old October 31st 05, 01:49 AM

Default A Quote from Len

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
Dee Flint wrote:

When the scout earns a merit badge,
it does not put him on the same level of
authority and responsibility as the scout
masters or leaders.

That is not the intent of the merit badge. But that is not what I'm
driving at. Again you miss the concept of the Merit Badge Counselor.

That merit
badge does not make him the "equal" of the adults.

Indeed.

Has it ever?

Again you miss the concept of the Merit Badge Counselor.

And you are missing my point that the Scouts is not an organization that has
the young participate on an equal footing. You are the one who keeps
mentioning the Merit Badge Counselor, not I.

Keeps mentioning? It is the crux of my comment. That you know nothing
beyond Scoutmasters and other leaders is not my fault.

It has no bearing on whether
or not the young scouts have equality with the adults.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

As long as you insist that the Merit Badge Counselor lords his or her
knowledge and age over the child, then you must be correct. Go in
peace.