Old October 31st 05, 10:42 AM
Al Klein

Default Which Is The Best?

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 20:48:06 -0400, BDK
said in rec.radio.scanner:

They have gotten better though, the BC8500 was hands down the worst
scanner I ever had. It was a total disaster, and was sent back right
away. They seemed to partially learn their lesson after that train
wreck, but their low end radios are pretty bad. Worse than most of the
GRE radios I've had here over the years..

And I've owned, and repaired a large number of scanners from both
manufacturers and most of the ones I buy, or keep, tend to be GRE, for
RF performance, if not for quality control issues, like non soldered
speaker leads, antennas, loose screws, loose BNC connectors, etc...

Pro-95 vs. BC246. Pro-96 vs. BCD396. 2 signal generators. Cross-mod
tests.