Old December 11th 04, 04:25 PM
Rev. Beergoggles

a million monkeys or Jim Menning typed in news.admin.net-abuse.email:

snip

Virus on the Italian computer, or someone being a troublemaker, I'm
not sure.

Open port/unsecured box.

It's either a ****** called Dippy or Hipcrime or a dipclone thereof.
Basically the luser wants to disrupt nan-as by posting off-topic " sporgeries"
to other groups with a followup back here. Currently dippy has his knickers in
a twist since most folk here have advanced filtering or use services such as
supernews that quickly filter most of the crap.

I've found Hamster works well, you wind up running your own local news spool
though. And it's not the least trivial thing to get set up.

This is a good site to start reading about hamster and nfilter
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/davidgb/x_setup11.html

Have a happy,

--
rbg
Always remember that you are unique. Just like everybody else.