Old November 3rd 05, 08:15 PM
Steve Nosko

Default What is low profile antenna?

This is not a technical term. It is a relative descriptor and can mean many
things. The words simply mean an antenna that is lower than somebody's idea
of a non low-profile or normal antenna.

The meaning of "low" should be obvious; "less than... in some respect.
Usually a physical dimension."
Profile can refer to height or width. Most commonly the height off a
surface. Examples already given accepted.

73, Steve, K9DCI

"Owen Duffy" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 21:09:15 -0000, "Dave" wrote:

"shuisheng" wrote in message
roups.com...
I am new to antenna field. Anyboday can explain to me what is low
profile antenna? Many thanks.

in addition to the other definitions of 'low profile' it could also refer

Some of those "other definitions" might be better described "low
(visual) impact", rather than low profile.

a thin aerodynamic antenna such as the patch antennas and other designs

used
for car roofs for satellite reception or on aircraft where air flow is
critical.

Sounds good.

Owen