Old November 5th 05, 02:49 AM

Default Morse is...

I must say that after Katrina hit our area and the sun flare activity
had anialated HF completly it was fourtunate for us too have some
people who could do CW. This is the emergency situation I believe
Falky was talking of. It helped save alot of people.So did VHF/UHF
SIMPLEX and believe it or not Echolink. So there is alot too our
hobbie for everyone and lets show the intelligence we credit ourselves
with and not knock any facet of this great hobbie. Cw is gone or soon
will be from testing here in the states and this makes alot of sence.
but lets not knock CW as a usefull tool that all shoukld make a small
effort too try too learn a little of. i know I will be.

Bruce KI4KFW
On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 18:09:45 GMT, "Wayne P. Muckleroy"
wrote:

Get outta here you fat *******?

"Dr.Ace" wrote in message
.. .
Absconde obesito illegitimo
Ace - WH2T

"Falky foo" wrote in message
om...
very true. the only time you would NEED code would be in EXTREMELY bad
situations -- ie, the world as we know it is gone gone gone. Otherwise
it's truly an anachronism. I suppose it's good to have folks who know it
just in case of some major MAJOR catastrophe; and there are some people
who
enjoy learning Latin too, a fairly useless language. So good-on-em if
that's their thing.