Old November 5th 05, 02:43 AM
Maude Herr-Chodt

Default Problem with soldering gun

I use my old Wen model 450 gun with a 45A7 heavy duty soldering tip. This
combination is powerful enough to solder the old fashioned galvanized roof
spouting if necessary.
John, N9JG
http://tinyurl.com/9cpcf

"Roy Lewallen" wrote in message
Hm, everybody has his own solution. I happily use an old Weller gun or
small butane torch for putting a PL-259 onto an RG-8 size cable, as I have
for decades. I keep the cable straight so the center conductor ends up
where it belongs when the insulation cools. I never use PL-259s for RG-58
or RG-59 size cable anymore -- I always use BNC instead. I've got a box
full of adapters to use whenever I need to connect to anything else. Both
BNC connectors and BNC-to-anything adapters are readily available on eBay.
Actually, I don't use RG-8 size cable very often, and recently I've been
putting N connectors on it when I do.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL