Old November 4th 05, 09:13 PM

Default ...And Frankie of Silliland Chimes In...Twice Court Martialed Coward And Liar

From: on Thurs 3 Nov 2005 15:57

Steveo wrote:
wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/8apbr

Hmmm? "A lifelong interest..."

That's enough to get the boys in the hood all nasty with you.

The boyz in the hood?

insert favorite two live crew toon here ha

You see, Len has had a lifelong interest in radio. But in rrap, if
you've had a lifelong interest in radio and don't have a ham license,
it gets these guys all upset.

Plus, we MUST be "accurate!" [don't forget that]

In the spirit of sustaining "accuracy," I have NOT had a
"LIFELONG interest in radio." I had a moderate interest
in it (all of electronics really) until my Army
assignment posted me to a major Army radio communications
facility in early February 1953. I was then 20, rather
out of "teen-age" years. Bingo, BIG TIME INTEREST from
then on! So big I was on the road to changing my career
goals when I got out of the Army in 1956. See:

http://kauko.hallikainen.org/history...ment/stations/
My3Years.pdf

Made a "big mistake" (according to a mighty macho
motivated morseman in here) in getting a professional
radio license in '56, not an amateur one. Tsk, tsk.
Worse yet, I got a JOB in radio that year to do REAL
WORK with that license! [horrors, how un-ham-like!]

Never used morse code, never had to in the Army. Never
used morse code, or had to, in my career since...which
included "working" a station ON the moon. [real DX]