Old November 5th 05, 02:33 PM
gb

Default Viking Ranger and PTT

"Lazy Senior" wrote in message
news:La3bf.4392$An6.4105@trnddc08...
I just recapped my newly purchased Viking Ranger. It now works great. It
doesnt have the PTT mod. My manual has the instructions to do the mod but
it requires a Potter Brumfield LM 11 10,000 ohm relay. This relay is no
longer made and I havent been able to find a suitable replacement for it.

My thought is to use a 12 volt relay with maybe a small 12v supply
built-in to the Ranger or maybe a 12v wall wart.

Has anyone done this PTT without using the LM11 relay? Maybe there is a
better, easier way to add PTT. I dont want to re-invent the wheel.

Thanx

Lazy Senior

Send a message (or call on phone) to Dee Almquist, W4PNT.
Dee does excellent Ranger restorations -- and can advise you of the relay
and modification approach that he performs.

Here is his web site
http://w4pnt.8k.com/

w9gb