Old November 5th 05, 07:39 PM
Bob Miller

Default just one vert or horz?

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 17:29:50 GMT, ml wrote:

hi

i might have a chance to put up a real antenna on my roof and ponder
which type is best"" as i can only do one

my choices are either a multi ele beam or a verticle

looking for what is 'best' overall for all type not just dx

I operate all modes and all bands 160-10

If they'll let you put a 160-10m beam on the building, I'd say go for
it :-)

bob
k5qwg

my roof is about 150' off the ground my antenna would be about 30ft off
the roof flat surface

i was realizing that no one antenna is 'perfect' but wondered
generically which would be best overall if you could only get one?

thanks