Old September 19th 03, 03:56 AM

Good day Pez,

Thank you. I now understand the challenge.

....Keith

pez wrote:

Dear Keith,

Your conclusions are surely
(specifically) valid
_if_
we recall their assumptions,
which require a transmission line
with purely _Real_ Z0.

But,
lets state the problem
following your terms.

If we have a piece of a proper Complex Z0 line
- that is one with Xo =/= 0 -
terminated by a passive Impedance
then
we still have to prove that
its Input Impedance Formula,
-which, don't forget, is a result of
a _mathematical_ theory-
results in a non negative real part,
equivalent with a passive lumped Impedance,
even if
it has already the _physical_ dimensions
of the Resistance.

In other words
it is neither enough that
it has already
the _physical_ dimensions of the Resistance
nor
it is a valid one
in the special Real Z0 case.

Sincerely,