Old November 6th 05, 11:53 AM
R.F. Collins

Default Icom R-7000 vs. R-7001

I had both. Now I have just the 7100. It scans faster, has a few more
bells and whistles and about the same sensitivity. Controls are not as
heavy duty as the 7000 though.

Had problems with the 7000 drifting. Sent back to Icom for repair
under warranty. They just adjusted the osc. freq. Still drifted. I
replaced the main crystal and cap. in th pll myself. Then it was OK.

Still wish I had the 7000. It matched my R-71.

Jim

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 03:48:45 GMT, "west"
wrote:

Can someone tell me the differences between the Icom R-7000 & R-7001? Also
what do you think their worth in today's market? Thank you.

Cordially,
west
AF4GC