Old November 6th 05, 10:46 PM
The Magnum

Default The FAQ - because no-one has an alternative one.

"PowerHouse Communications" wrote in message

"The Magnum" wrote in message
I wonder where the law stands as far as CB radio's go. Are CB's allowed

be repaired by the average CB'er who has the knowledge or are they only
repairable by a qualified technician of some kind. I ask along the lines

of
the UK but would find the answer for America just as interesting.

I'm not sure why this thread is even being cross-posted into a CB group,

but

Because its a question about CB's ??????????

to answer your question, in the US, the radio must be serviced by a
qualified, licensed individual. That is the "legal" way of doing it

anyway.
It doesn't happen very often, but that is another story for another

time...

Thanks for that. So the theory i get so far is anyone can build an Amateur
radio but they cant "repair" a CB radio.... lol.. it is a crazy world