Old November 7th 05, 12:37 AM
Ralph Mowery

Default The FAQ - because no-one has an alternative one.

Thanks for that. So the theory i get so far is anyone can build an Amateur
radio but they cant "repair" a CB radio.... lol.. it is a crazy world

See comments above about license not needed any more for CB repair in the
US.

It used to be the Amateur tests were about on par with the comercial class
licenses. The main differance was just the regulatory rules and not the
electrical part. That was about 1972 when I passed the 1 st class license.
The way they are now anyone with a good memory can pass the tests. My wife
passed the Technichan class about 1987 or 88 just by memorizing the Q&A
pool. She doesn't know or care about the technical part of radio.