Old November 7th 05, 08:07 PM
gb

Default Curtis 8044 keyer chip

"AG4QC" wrote in message
Thanks to everyone.. I called MFJ and they didn't have a replacement
chip... This is for a 422 keyer I bought off E-Bay Of course, it was
suppose to be working .. But it had a blown keyer chip.. It's on it's way
back for a refund.. shrug

Yeah, I used the K-10 chip in a QRP rig a while ago. They have a nice
product and it's small.. Actually I have the battery version of the K-12,
(using a watch battery) mounted in a mouse that I use for QRP.. Talk about
cool and easy to do!...

Joe AG4QC

Well MFJ did not tell you the whole story (typical of them BTW)

They do have the Curtis 8045ABM (28-pin chip) that can be adopted to the
product. Some older 8044 chips (14-pin) do appear from time to time.

gb