Old November 8th 05, 01:29 AM
Crazy George

Default AM Commercial radio reception

Reg:

I don't have an accurate number for the entire country, but here in the
local area, there is one clear channel station with a single radiator, a
half dozen two tower arrays, two 3 tower arrays, five 4 tower arrays that I
can recall off the top of my head. If you had asked a dozen years ago, I
could have been more accurate. I don't think we have any 5 or 6 radiator
arrays here locally, if so, I don't remember them. If my math is correct,
that is a 50-50 split, so maybe half have more than 2 towers.

--
Crazy George
W5VPQ
"Reg Edwards" wrote in message

"Crazy George" wrote
I'm afraid you're way behind the practice on this one. In the US,

there are
many 4, 5 and 6 tower arrays providing as many nulls to protect

co-channel
stations.

What proportion of US MF broadcasting stations have antennas
consisting of more than two towers ?
----
Reg.