Old November 9th 05, 05:50 PM
John S.

Default Who put your Eton E1 together?

junius wrote:
This is nothing new.

Well, the "Manufactured in India" part is rather novel for a shortwave
set.

I suppose, but I wouldn't give it much thought. If the China and India
combine into some sort of Asian Union then watch out, because it will
be a real economic force.

I had posted the original message simply because I found the company's
history interesting, not out as any commentary on global
manufacturing/trade.

In any case, it actually is reassuring that it's not being put together
by the Tecsun folks.

I don't know who actually designed the Eton E1 - it could have been
Tecsun or Degen I suppose. I believe that Tecsun is part of Degen and
that the Eton radios come from one or more of their factories. Whether
Degen/Tecsun farms out production to another company in India probably
isn't as important as the original design and quality control applied
during production.

junius