Old December 21st 04, 11:31 PM
w9gb

"zeno" wrote in message ...
I came across a cute little homebrew CW transmitter utilizing only a
single 6L6. Mostly made from radio and audio junkbox parts, it does
seem to work. I put it on the air briefly with its 40 meter Xtal and
monitored the signal on another antenna. Sounds kind of chirpy,
actually worse than chirpy.

Bill / K6TAJ

Bill -

I just did a Google.com search for: "6L6 transmitter" and I same up with
several links and schematics. From notes, it appears several designs were
published pre-WW2 in QST.
RCA introduced the 6L6 tube in early 1936 as an audio power tube.

Are you looking at a Stancor 25-B transmitter, photo in article he
http://www.io.com/~nielw/6l6/6L6.htm

W0VLZ built the Stancor 10P, which is listed in the 1940, 5th edition of the
Stancor Hamanual
http://www.io.com/~nielw/2tube_xmtr/2tube_xmtr.htm

K4GC homebuilt 6L6
http://www.qsl.net/k4gc/6L6.html

K5DH 40 meter version built from design in "104 Ham Radio Projects for
Novice and Technician"; TAB Books, 1968
http://www.qsl.net/k5dh/6ag7_6l6.html

October 2004 issue of CQ magazine featured a 6L6 transmitter (with a
correction in the December 2004 issue under "World of Ideas")

LA6NCA Norwegian homebrew
http://www.laud.no/la6nca/homebrew/

6CL6
http://faculty.frostburg.edu/phys/la.../6cl6xmtr.html