Old November 10th 05, 11:11 PM
Brenda Ann

Default Am Station On USB Also ?

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hi,

Let's say I pick up a regular HF shortwave station on AM.

Should I also be able to hear this same station on USB ?

Yes, and also on LSB.

If so, what would the freq. "offset" that I should increase the tuned
freq. to ?

No frequency offset. You should be able to zero beat the AM carrier at it's
exact frequency.

Should I expect the USB freq to be clearer, or... ?

That depends on the stability of your receiver, and the quality of the
product detector for the SSB signals. It will often be a bit muddier because
the filters used for true SSB are narrower than those used for AM, thus less
high frequency audio.