Old November 10th 05, 11:48 PM
Ron Hardin

Default Huge carrier 380 Hz off 660 Khz?

Gary Schnabl wrote:

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
..
Ron Hardin wrote:

There's some huge heterodyne 380 Hz off 660 KHz in Central Ohio
this morning (5:30am EST)

Any idea what it is, or where it comes from?

Seems to be from the East or West but I'm not sure yet, as I also
null the desired station WFAN 660 when I null the east.

It seems to be at 660.380 kHz (above rather than below 660)

Do you have any idea as to its bearing? A signal that strong should be easy
to DF.

It was probably either E or W pretty close, just from taking a portable radio
outside and nulling the het without nulling WFAN (WFAN is also nearly east).

I'm sure I have a recording, ...

http://rhhardin.home.mindspring.com/het.ram (9 seconds at 5:28am)

It was startlingly strong, but then so is WFAN in Ohio.

I got rid of it with antenna null steering and 3 cascaded notch filters,
and didn't experiment much with the real equiptment after that; just a portable
radio in the yard while the recording went on inside.

My impression was that it faded later but I wasn't listening continuously to it.
Fading would suggest it's not local. If it's there Friday I'll try to record
it on its own (rather than suppressing it).

--
Ron Hardin