Old November 11th 05, 01:51 AM
Peter

Default FAQ

wrote...
On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 18:48:56 -0000, "The Magnum" wrote:

Just a sec you silly old fart. I made a joke out of the miss-pronunciation
of Hospice "horse ****" it was nothing to do with Hospices in any way shape
or form or the people in them, just the name..

bull****

No, horse pss.

Around these parts, it is common for people to pronounce horse as "hoss" or, dropping the H,
'oss. This is exactly why
my children found the word hospice funny... when they didn't have a clue what one is.

I'll give you a few pointers...

Hoss: Large four legged creature, often raced for money.
Dee: Cease to live. eg. "When he jumped out, I nearly deed of shock"
Bod: Feathered creature with wings. eg. "some of my bods deed of flu"
Corsey: Pavement.
Wickend: Saturday and Sunday.

It is known for people to purposely use such pronunciations, either as part of their
identity or to take the mickey out of people from different parts of the region.

I just think the dead and dying deserve a bit of respect instead of
being used as the butt of a sick joke

He never mentioned the sick or dying, neither did he mention employees, specific
organizations or specific people. This, along with the reference to liquid measure,
should have made it obvious that it was a play on words.

Peter.