Old November 11th 05, 02:28 PM

Default Tape Measure Yagi Antenna Questions

Hi Guys

I have to admit I am struggling a bit here. I looked at the scaling
option, but the program you pointed to didn't seem to cover all the
variables required to be scaled.

So, rather than admitting defeat I tried to build a 6 element using the
dimensions from the k7mem link above using tape measure for the
elements and a wooden boom. However I didn't know what to do for the
driven element, both in terms of width (how big a gap in the middle and
how does this alter the overall width of the element) and matching
network. Currently I have about a 1 inch air gap, which makes the
total width about 1" wider but the width of metal is the same (I don't
know which is relevant?). Currently I have no matching network of any
kind, just connected straight to the coax.

This doesn't work, it is probably worse than a rubber duck! So, I'm
after some help please, what should I do for driven element width and
matching, and what should I do about element widths and spacings (I can
redo them if I need to)?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Kev