Old November 11th 05, 04:45 PM
Bob Miller

Default Am reception

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 09:35:15 -0500, "Jeff Dieterle"
wrote:

Pardon me if this is the wrong group to find some answers. I'm using a GE
Superadio III and would like to receive 2 frequencies. AM670 from Chicago
and AM1070 from Indianapolis predominantly night time listening. I work
inside a factory and can't receive either of these unless I get near an
outside window or go outside.

I'm considering buying a tuned loop for these 2 frequencies from
http://www.amradioantennas.com/. He's quoted me a price of 85 us$ including
shipping and insurance. Does anyone have experience with this type of tuned
loop antennae.

I have a similar loop from C.Crane company. It works well. But these
loops need to be in close proximity to the radio's built-in antenna.
Simply putting the loop up on the roof at the end of the coax won't do
any good. Using the loop indoors, inside the factory, would be a crap
shoot... don't think it would be worth the $85. I'd look at some sort
of outdoor antenna, as others have suggested.

bob
k5qwg

I've ran RGU-6 coax from my office to the factory roof,
(appx.75ft) as I doubt if the loop would pull these in from inside my office
which is inside the factory.

Is there a less expensive alternative than the loop since I have coax
installed ?

Thanks
Jeff