Old November 11th 05, 05:33 PM

Default Am reception

Jeff Dieterle wrote:
I've ran RGU-6 coax from my office to the factory roof,
(appx.75ft) as I doubt if the loop would pull these in from inside my office
which is inside the factory.

Is there a less expensive alternative than the loop since I have coax
installed ?

Thanks
Jeff

Did you connect the coax to anything at all, or is it just coax
going outside to the roof,
Connecting it to the metal gutters or something like that might really
help the reception.
If there are no metal gutters or anything like that, connect a long
piece of wire to the center conductor of the coax and lay it out on the
roof.

You might also try just taking a piece of wire and connecting it to
the back of the GE SRIII, connect it to the AM screw terminal on the
back of the radio and take that wire over to the window and see if that
works, or you can continue that wire all the way from the back of the
radio all the way out to the roof.

I also remember something like winding wire around something like a
Quaker oatmeal container, contecting both ends of this wire to a small
air variable cap and just placing this antenna right behind the GE SR,
near its internal antenna. You can then tune the cap for peak reception
and then turn it and the radio to get the stations you want, this coil
of wire enhances the internal antenna of the GE SR.

Craig