Old November 12th 05, 03:58 AM
Iitoi Iitoi is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
I'm getting that way with these mighty morsemen motivated fighters. Jimmie be happy as proverbial clam if he can word-fight...and now "iitoi" (whoever it be) wants to do same.
Wow, did I call this one or what!!!! This is classic Len-hoist-by-his-own-peyote! ("Peyote" is a John Wayne-style euro-descent mis-name - here the People call it mezcal.)

Follow along, boys and girls, and take a lesson in the Anderson technique of mistake-correction-squirm/misdirection.

(Opening) N2EY (correctly) referenced an out-of-publication by the name "ham radio" (uncapitalized).

A. (Mistake) Len surmises that somehow that's a "slight" of his association with the magazine. So, in order to gain some messaging points he picks a fight with N2EY about "refused to capitalize the Ham Radio magazine name".

(NB: Len wrote many damned good technical articles for "ham radio" --- "well done" to him on that score.)

B. (Correction) The magazine in question never called itself capitalized "Ham Radio" --- It's cover name and all internal references, masthead, copyright declarations, and other "branding" folderol used the un-capitalized "ham radio" and the the corporate name "hr publishing" adopted the same lower-case convention. I and N2EY both pointed this out to Len, along with web images of the actual magazine cover.

C. (Squirming and Misdirection) Presented with the facts, Len launches a long irrelevant monologue about Jim Fisk, obsolete typewriters, and paychecks, et. al., blows off the capitalization issue as not important (if it wasn't important, why did HE start the fight about it?), and exits declaring himself bored.

In the past month or so since I joined rrap I've been impressed several times with how smoothly Len follows this simple A-B-C script. Watch for it.

The Man in the Maze
QRV from Baboquivari Peak, AZ

PS: The correct name is Iitoi, not iitoi.