Old November 12th 05, 12:08 PM
The Magnum

Default FAQ

"Dana" wrote in message
.com...
The mistake the FCC made was dropping the code requirment down to 5 wpm.
Lots of nivices squeeked under the wire.

What is this absurd fascination with Morse Code? Wouldnt you rather just
talk to people? I know all about the arguements about it getting through
when all else fails but is it really life and death?? If i cant get through
on the radio I use a Phone or the Internet. After all its just a hobby.
Besides, doesnt all that dot dot dot.. dash dash dash give you a headache
after a while??
Dont get me wrong, im not having a go at Amateurs im just asking the
question.. why is it so important?

Regards,
Graham