Old November 12th 05, 04:33 PM
Michael Black

Default Boatanchor Xmitters and Scopes

"IonSpot" ) writes:
You really are a "lazy senior". Too many questions, not enough Googling to
find the answers on your own.

Or for that matter, looking in books.

Michael VE2BVW

"Lazy Senior" wrote in message

I am really starting to enjoy my Boatanchors which have only been in my
shack for about 6 weeks.

I have a Viking Valiant and Ranger. I am thinking I would like to have a
scope with a trapazoidal pattern so I can watch my modulation like all you
old pros. I have never done this before and need a little direction from
those of you who do use a scope.

First what kinda scope should I get? Is one of those station monitors
scopes the way to go or should I use an oscilliscope.

I own a 5mhz basic B&K #1405 oscilliscope that works. I use AM on 160mtr -
40 mtrs only. Do I need a better scope?

Ok can someone tell me or direct me on how to hook things up to get a
trapazoidal pattern?

I am not a real technical type ham, altho this BA stuff has me learning
way more than I used to know about electronics. Keep it as simple as you
can.

Thanx

Lazy Senior