Old November 13th 05, 05:19 PM
Caveat Lector

Default A "single conversion" question

Maybe read what Elecraft sez -- URL:

http://www.elecraft.com/Apps/why_is_...ver_single.htm
--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

"Larry" wrote in message
What am I missing here. Although my background is in electronics and
electrical engineering, I've specialized in power rather than
communications for thirty years. My scant and no doubt obsolete
communications theory always held that for great short-wave reception,
double or even triple conversion receivers were the norm. Now I see
advertised, SW radios with "... highly sensitive and selective latest
state of the art single conversion analog tuner circuitry....". What
breakthrough has made single conversion so state of the art?