Old November 14th 05, 01:18 AM
Tam/WB2TT

Default coax for 900mhz?

"Jim" wrote in message
thanks guys for your input! ok, forget about thin and supple. i need 50
ohm impedance coax at 900mhz into a uniden scanner(bnc connector) with a
15 foot run. what coax of any size is commonly available that would be
suitable?

If you insist on 50 Ohm skinny cable, get the LMR240. Loss for 15 feet will
be 1.15 db. I believe HRO sells it. About the same diameter as RG59. There
is also an LMR240UF, which is very flexible. The UF has slightly more loss,
but at 15 feet you won't see it. $10 should get you 15 feet. We used this
stuff at 2 GHz. The regular 240 has a solid center conductor, the UF is
stranded. You might have trouble getting a BNC connector on the non-UF.

Tam/WB2TT