Old November 14th 05, 10:06 AM
gadge

Default FAQ, just what is Ham Radio?

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:05:02 +0000, Nedlar wrote:

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 10:31:51 +0000, gadge wrote:

I'm not a cb'er, never was and never will be and ham radio still looks
like cb to me! Why is that?

Because the amateur bands are now full of brain-dead, non-technical CBrs.

There are many ex/current cb'ers who are G/M0 class and proud of it.

That's why 'ham radio still looks like CB' , as you so correctly put it.

Rubbish. Some of us have passed electronics course/exams at BSC honours
level and yet we are not interested in the slightest with morse.

That old excuse has been around for decades. It's just as dishonest now as
it's always been. It's usually trotted out by CBrs and the lazy-arsed.

Ok, you support morse. I support more advanced technical exams. That way I
keep out cb'ers and morse nuts! ROTFLMAO
win win