Old November 14th 05, 03:32 PM
Mike Luther

Default The C. Crane Co. CCRadio Plus

Hi Cecil!

Cecil Moore wrote:

Dave Pitzer wrote:

I'm considering buying the "CCRadio Plus" from the C Crane Co. for
use as a
"good" general purpose table radio with an above average AM
section. Any
comments?

I bought one hoping to receive 10kw WTAW clearly at night
from 30 miles away. It's a nice radio but didn't solve
that midnight reception problem. My Grundig Yacht Boy 400
receives just as well as the CCRadio Plus.

Isn't our old friend WTAW on streaming audio as well? I think I recall
hearing that it is. As a thought to the original poster, perhaps the
stations he is seeking are on streaming audio over the web as well.

Incidentally, I'd love to be able to get KMVL-AM in Madisonville where
you are, at the in-town family home site in College Station, at night,
chuckle. But at night on 1220 when KMVL-AM is at 3 watts, that's even a
few DB worse than your choice for 10KW, grin.

W5WQN

--

-- Sleep well; OS2's still awake!

Mike Luther