Old November 15th 05, 03:20 AM
Unrevealed Source

Default What's It Worth?

I had one but gave it up, and that's ironically what got me started back
into radio listening and (now) collecting.

Mine was bought new, and while it had good performance (universally agreed)
it just wasn't as much fun as the DX-160 I had as a kid. So it sat in a
closet, and I dragged it out every couple of years to see if I would catch
the bug again. I didn't. Sure, I also dragged it out when we had a power
outage and I took it on a couple of camping trips, but it wasn't the kind of
radio that made you want to just sit with and scan for what you could find.
So I sold it on eBay.

Realizing that I now needed another battery-powered radio for emergencies, I
set out to buy an inexpensive yet servicable replacement. The rest, as many
will tell you, is familiar history. One radio led to another and then
another, and now I do indeed find myself enjoying the hobby again. As for
me, I've never been tempted to buy another 2010. It has no soul, no
character.

Just my opinion.

"YBZ" wrote in message
oups.com...
For the few short years I've been involved with Shortwave radios, I've
read from numerous sources that the Sony 2010 is either compared to the
second coming of Christ or a good radio that's possibly overrated.

I see on eBay that there is a "out of the box" 2010 that is currently
going for less than $200 US.

What is this radio worth? What did it cost when it first came out? Is
it worth it?

It seems alot of you either have one already, and would never give it
up.