Old November 15th 05, 03:34 AM

Default What's It Worth?

YBZ wrote:
For the few short years I've been involved with Shortwave radios, I've
read from numerous sources that the Sony 2010 is either compared to the
second coming of Christ or a good radio that's possibly overrated.

I see on eBay that there is a "out of the box" 2010 that is currently
going for less than $200 US.

What is this radio worth? What did it cost when it first came out? Is
it worth it?

It seems alot of you either have one already, and would never give it
up.

I bought one new many years ago. Sensitivity was excellent, but
selectivity was terrible using the WIDE setting, and the NARROW setting
made the sound too muddy for me. I was disappointed with it and got
rid of it. My Grundig 650 had sensitivity about as good, but the
selectivity on the 650 was superior to the Sony even though the Sony
had selectable sideband sync detector. Listening was a pleasure on the
650 and a pain using the 2010.