Old November 16th 05, 02:52 AM
Ken Scharf

Default Question on Drake TR-4 restoration project.

Bill wrote:
gb wrote:

A frequency counter could quickly diagnose this issue. Have you
checked the crystals? The LMO may be working correctly.

gb

I'm firing off a reply before I get the schematic D/l from Bama but this
reminds me of a problem I had with my old HX-50A.

I wouldn't be quick to blame all 3 band xtals to just go bad in the same
way...and it would seem that the LMO is ok. But my old Hammarlund had a
common coil in the osc ckt that when mal-adjusted pulled the 10m xtal
freqs WAY out of whack.

Food for thought. Its hard to find a TR-3/4 anymore that hasn't been
subjected to attempts to put it on 11 meters and the 10 meter alignment
has been goofed up.

-Bill

Could also be a capacitor that changed in value.