Old November 16th 05, 02:50 AM
Rick

Default CW using pipes

Way back when, in HS math class, my ham friends and I would
communicate during class by tapping on our desk-tops. The
instructor never caught on.....just wondered why he had such
a nervous bunch of jerks in his class who couldn't stop
tapping.

Rick T.

Jim Haynes wrote:
I think you strike the pipe harder for a dash than for a dot. But the real
reason I jumped in was to tell a funny story. When I was in college 50
years ago I knew some of the local high-schoolers who were hams. One
of them eventually came back here as a college professor. He told me
how he and another of the kids were always getting in trouble at school
for talking to each other. So they were put into separate classrooms
with a wall between them. So they would carry on their conversation
by tapping out Morse code on the wall.