Old November 16th 05, 10:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Windy Anderson's 11/14 Reply to Comments

Dave Heil wrote:

In my comments to the Commission, I did not find it necessary to target
a single individual or group, nor did I use terms like "puffery",
"egregious" or "insulting".

That's just typical Len behavior, Dave. Check the reply comments about
ARRL, and the one about Extra Class licenses, etc.

What Len fails to understand is that such carryings-on are simply
delaying
the R&O.

Your organ grinder pal hasn't yet taken the
first baby step toward obtaining an amateur radio license in all these
many years.

Actually that's not quite true, Dave.

Some months back, Len mentioned here that he had once, way back
in the 1950s, set about learning Morse Code. Claimed he'd actually
gotten up to about 6-8 wpm or so before deciding all the 'hard work'
wasn't worth it. That was just about the time 27 MHz cb came along,
and he jumped on that.

What I think happened is this: Len discovered that unlike "book
learning",
he didn't pick up on the Morse Code in a few quick lessons. For him it
took some 'hard work' to learn, and that conflicted with his view of
himself
as a 'professional in radio-electronics'. Not only that, but learning
Morse
Code would not help Len 'PROFESSIONALLY' - there was no money
reward waiting. So he gave up.

He hasn't gotten into amateur radio. He isn't in amateur
radio. He will not be in amateur radio, no matter what he writes here.

Which would lead any logical person to wonder why he's so interested
in amateur radio regulations. He won't say *why* all this matters so
much to him.

73 de Jim, N2EY