Old November 16th 05, 07:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Nature of "ground" beneath my house?

What kind of "ground" should I use to EZNEC-model a flat-top dipole antenna
of which one side will be about 7 feet above and parallel to the peak of
my house roof and the other half will be about 30 feet above the yard.

My house is a story-and-a-half (the usual attic was a dormitory for my
long-gone kids) over a full basement (which just happens to have both
a Ufer ground in the basement-wall footings and a "ring ground" around
the outside and at the level of the footings). Thus most of one-half
of the antenna will be over the usual Kansas soil (about a foot of fertile
stuff above many feet of more clay-like stuff) while the other half will
be above the roof above the attic/dormitory above the ground floor above
the basement above the footings.

So will this be a "good", "bad", "average", or ??? ground for EZNEC-
modeling purposes?
--
--Myron A. Calhoun.
Five boxes preserve our freedoms: soap, ballot, witness, jury, and cartridge