Old November 16th 05, 04:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
an old friend

Default Tennessee Nurse

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 16 Nov 2005 07:02:10 -0800, "Major Dud" wrote in
.com:

snip
he would be required to own them in the Army

Having never served in the Army, I never had that problem.

The two sets of dress blues I owned while in the Marine Corps were
issued to me, free of charge. A "perk" of assigned duties.

More bull**** from Major Dud [sigh]. Uniforms in the Corps are never
issued "free of charge", assigned duties or not. You get a small
clothing allowance each month but it's not nearly enough to maintain
the minimum required uniforms, let alone pay for dress blues. And from
the time I joined the Corps to this very day I think I have seen only
two sets of used dress blues for sale -- the uniform means too much to
a Marine to buy them second-hand, and for the same reason they are
rarely ever sold or given away even after discharge. Heck, I still
have mine hanging in the closet next to my float jacket. Yet Dudly
claims he "owned" (past tense) not one but two sets? Pure bull****.

I Stil Have my Dress Blues (don't have the army greens) have even been
ableto wear em recebtly (got an order to report of physical they are
getting a bit hard up for active 54E's) wore em to a few rasied
eyebrows to a physical that I made sure to to fail by leaving my
diabetes uncontroled a about 10 days was an interesting ride

but I guess we army types are not as sentimental I aquired the dress
mess and sold em later as well the army whites

bit evenn watching Gomer Pile USMC one would know that USMC doesn't
issue those things

My blues were rare enough to get me out of standing certain duties (so
I could stand in for some one else RHIP in some cerimmony or parade)