Old November 17th 05, 01:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob Miller

Default Building small 80 meter loop antenna

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 19:33:51 GMT, "John.Gotwals"
wrote:

I am beginning my planning and construction of a small loop antenna for 80
meters. The loop will be constructed out of 3/4" copper pipe, octagon
shaped, and have a perimeter of 72 feet. The plane of the loop will be
vertical and will be resonated by a variable capacitor in series with the
top pipe section. The voltage and current through the capacitor have very
large values.

See http://tinyurl.com/bwobb for more information. Any comments, thoughts,
and advice will be greatly appreciated.

John, N9JG

That loop is detailed in chapter 5 of the ARRL Antenna Book (19th
ed.). Might be worth getting the book if you're going to build it.

bob
k5qwg